Tuesday, January 5, 2010

About me...


I think it only fair to be up front about this -- I'm a picky eater. A VERY picky eater. What do I mean by this? Well, we can start with big categories of things I don't eat... for example, anything from the sea, anything white and squishy (unless it's sweet), anything that came from a goat, anything that looks like an alien (ie: lobsters, crabs, shrimp, etc).

Now to my credit, as I've gotten older I've also become braver with my food consumption. Whereas 15 or 20 years ago you wouldn't catch me eating a piece of cheese, today you actually may. In fact, over the past 5 years or so I've greatly broadened my eating horizons (but luckily not my waistline -- thanks to mostly sensible choices). Not only have I become a less picky eater, but I've come to discover the great joy of food -- both cooking it and consuming it. So I thought I'd share some of the highs (and maybe lows) of eating in my neighborhood.  Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment